© 2020 All rights reserved to Maaal Newspaper
Publisher: Maaal International Media Company
(1) Saudi Arabia’s aim in hosting Expo 2030 is to enhance its position as a global center for innovation, technology, and sustainability. This comes in light of the economic and social transformations that the country has undergone, as well as the reforms that have affected all aspects of the economic, legislative, and cultural system. These reforms have led to enormous investment opportunities for the private sector, strategic partnerships between companies, institutes, universities, and international centers in various fields, as well as international cooperation between countries. In other words, Expo 2030 in Saudi Arabia will not be a passing event, but a real opportunity to strengthen trade and economic relations between Saudi Arabia and countries looking for economic growth and investment in an economy classified as one of the most influential in global growth. Additionally, the location of Expo in Saudi Arabia would be ideal for many participating countries in terms of distance and logistical services required by participants.
(2) Saudi Arabia has a huge trade balance and current account. Examining the size of Saudi imports will reveal a golden opportunity for participants to obtain a profitable investment share. At the same time, Saudi Arabia has ambitious programs in industries and exporting, as well as competitive advantages that make it a fertile ground for those who arrive first.
(3) On the level of government spending, Saudi Arabia is one of the prominent countries in government spending, especially on infrastructure. Its economy is the largest in the Middle East and has a highly developed banking system that may amaze guests, even those from developed economies.
(4) The Saudi private sector and government companies are a gateway for companies that can generate high-value joint venture projects, both investment and strategic. On the cultural level, Saudi Arabia has cultural diversity in its folk heritage, customs, traditions, and clothing, in addition to entrenched societal values, such as honoring and welcoming guests. At the same time, the Saudi people are characterized by their openness to various cultures, which can be attributed to the presence of Mecca and Medina, which have been receiving millions of visitors from diverse cultures for centuries.
(5) The discovery of Saudi Arabia through a global event like Expo will benefit both participating countries and the Saudi economy. It represents an important event to showcase the progress and development achieved in a country that has a global impact in political, economic, and cultural spheres. Today, I reveal a new investment opportunity for those interested in entering the Saudi market from international companies. Economically, we know that the economic impact and the readiness of the host country for Expo starts early, and it is known that Saudi Arabia generously spends on its national events for the Saudi private sector, including foreign companies present. Therefore, the early presence of foreign companies gives them opportunities to benefit from the preparations preceding the event, Expo 2030, whether in the field of technology, construction, logistics services, or any activity that directly or indirectly participates in the preparation for Expo 2030 if it takes place in Riyadh.